- 2 rounds of bread
- 2 medium eggs
- squirt of ketchup
Creating the perfect egg toastie can be difficult without making a mess, but with a little care and attention you can get your eggs how you like them every time.
- Warm up the toasie maker on full
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread
- Crack each egg into a separate cup
- Once the toaster is hot, lay one piece of bread butter side down onto the hot plate
- With the back of a spoon, push the bread into the recesses of the plate
- Gently spoon a yolk into each of the wells you have made in the bread
- Now put enough white into the wells so that it doesn’t overflow the sides
- Carefully place the other piece of bread on top (butter side up) and close the toastie maker so that it is only resting on top
- After two minutes, you can now close the toaster fully
- Cook for a further 2 minutes for a runny yolk, or 5 minutes for a well done yolk
If you make your egg toastie with a hard yolk you may find that it’s a little dry. Add a good blob of ketchup onto the side of your plate for the perfect dip!