- 2 rounds of bread
- 50g cheese
- 1/2 small onion - finely diced
Everyone loves a cheese & onion sandwich, but how can you make it better? Easy, make it a cheese & onion toasted sandwich! For this use either 1/2 a small onion, or 1/4 medium onion, any more and the onion doesn’t rend to soften that much.
- Heat up the sandwich toaster onto its highest setting
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread
- Lay the cheese slices evenly across one of the pieces of bread
- Sprinkle the diced onion evenly over the cheese
- Lay the other piece of bread on top, and pop into the toaster
As per usual with all toasted sandwiches, the buttered side of the bread should always be on the outside of the sandwich. This helps the bread turn into an amazing crispy golden brown colour.