- 2 rounds of bread
- 50g cheese
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- - or -
- 1 fresh chilli - finely diced
Adding chillies to a humble cheese toastie gives an added depth of flavour and is a great warming food during those colder days.
- Put the toasted sandwich maker onto its highest heat
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread
- Lay the cheese slices evenly onto an unbuttered side of bread
- Sprinkle the chillies evenly over the cheese
- Place the other piece of bread on top (buttered side out)
- Pop into the toaster for 3 minutes
You can use either fresh chillies or dried chilli flakes. Although you can set the heat level by choosing a chilli variety of your choice when using fresh chillies, I personally prefer to use the dried flakes at the heat is more warming with a fuller flavour.